Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Techy Teacher Tuesday Linky Party

I'm linking up with Katie at Queen of the First Grade Jungle for her Techy Teacher Tuesday linky party.


Our current unit is entitled "Words and Roads Take Us Places".  You would think this would be about transportation (well, that was our assumption anyway), but week one is about communication and week two is about different types of transportation.

I found some YouTube videos for my students showing sign language and a little song teaching them to say "hello" in different languages.  I then went to qrstuff.com and created QR codes for each video I wanted my students to have access to.  They use our classroom iPads to scan the QR codes and watch the videos during center time.  I have been impressed, so far, that they have stuck to the videos I have asked them to watch.  They are excited to watch them multiple times.


Below are the QR codes I created for my classroom.  You can download them by clicking here.  The 2 alphabet codes and the animals code are sign language, and the "hello" code is learning to say hello in different languages.  This time I printed them just as they are and mounted them on a full sheet of construction paper.  See my previous post about using QR codes in my classroom to see them mounted to our closet door.


Have you used QR codes in your classroom?  What have you done to incorporate them?

No comments:

Post a Comment