Friday, July 19, 2013

Favorite Pins Friday {July 19}

Here are a few of my favorite pins for this week.  I didn't see The First Grade Parade post for the linky, but I'm going to share anyway :).

I've been trying new recipes every week this summer courtesy of Pinterest.  Here are a few from this week.

Chicken Piccata: I made this for dinner Tuesday night.  It was awesome!  No capers here though, so made it without.  I breaded the chicken with panko breadcrumbs instead of Ritz crackers.



Pesto Orzo: I made this to go with the chicken above.  My mom had 2 servings and my dad went back for 4 servings.  Must not have been too bad :).  I used a packet of pesto mix and served it warm.


Here are a few pins that are not food related.

Fabric Covered Bulletin Board: I'm hoping to make something similar to these.  I think they'd be great for dismissal change notes near my classroom door.



Treasure Drawers: We use a school-wide behavior system.  I also have a treasure box in my classroom.  I'd like to replace my treasure box with sometime similar to this to give students a choice of rewards.




What have you been finding on Pinterest?


4 comments:

  1. Love your blog! Thanks for sharing...that chicken looks awesome. :)I wish I had time to cook like this during the school year!

    Amy
    What Happens in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy! I wish I had more time to cook during the school year too. I'm going to start searching for crockpot recipes next. I'm enjoying my extra cooking time over the summer :).

      Amanda

      Delete
  2. Your chicken dish looks yummy!
    And the fabric covered cork board. I'd like to do that for my daughter who's going to college this fall. Maybe it would help her stay organized.
    I also like your treasure drawers. I inherited a treasure box that really looks like a treasure box, so I just dump everything in it. Yours looks much nicer!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sara. I have a treasure box too, but I thought I'd try to be a bit organized and put the more "prized" possessions in the higher amounts. We'll see how it goes.

      Amanda

      Delete