Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Honored with an Award

I'm honored to receive a Liebster Award from Random Craftiness and Just a Primary Girl.

Here are the rules: 


1. Link back to the blog that nominated you

2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers

3. Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator

4. Share 11 random facts about yourself 

5. Create 11 questions for your nominees

6. Contact your nominees and let them know you nominated them

My nominees are:
Crystal at My Kinder-Garden

Answers to 11 questions from Random Craftiness:
1. If you could hop in the car and take a road trip anywhere right now, where would it be? 
It would be a long trip but I'd to I Teach K in Vegas.

2. What book/magazine are you currently working on reading?
School: K-2 Math Fact Fluency    Pleasure: The Wildwater Walking Club

3. How did you choose to start a blog?
My students each had a blog, so I felt like I should start one too!  I attended and presented at our state's technology conference about my students' blogs then attended a conference where one of the bloggers I follow (KinderGals) presented.  A new blog was born!

4. If you could get paid to do anything, what would it be? 
I'm not sure...I enjoy teaching so I'm glad I get paid for that :).  I would like it if someone would pay me to travel. 

5. Favorite classroom theme? 
My current "theme" is bright colors. I haven't had a theme prior to this.  I like rooms that look "homey".

6. Best teaching moment?
One of my former students is going into 4th grade.  He struggled A LOT when I had him in kindergarten and really challenged me to grow as a teacher.  He was the first student I had with an IEP.  I just found out a couple weeks ago that he passed is OAA (state assessment) which is a huge accomplishment for him and all his hard work.  I think about him frequently and have his picture behind my small group table.

7. If you had one wish, what would you wish for? (And none of that wishing for more wishes nonsense!) 
Time with family and friends enjoying one another.

8. What is the strangest food you’ve ever eaten?
Not really one for branching out in the food realm.  Can't think of anything super unique.

9. Who was your favorite teacher growing up and why?
My favorite teacher was probably my kindergarten teacher.  She brought her daughter (who was 8) to school with her a couple times, and I thought she was the coolest!

10. What is your favorite trait about yourself?
Probably my blue/green eyes.

11. If you could have any animal as a pet, what would it be?
Because I commute about an hour, something very easy to take care of that can be left alone for long periods of time!  A fish?

Answers to 11 questions from Just a Primary Girl:
1. What is your all time favorite song?
Probably Simple Gifts

2. iPhone / Droid/ Galaxy?
iPhone

3. Why did you name your blog what you did? 
I thought about the name of my blog for a few days.  In the end, I love Eric Carle books. I think The Very Hungry Caterpillar is probably one of the more popular ones, thus, " A Very Curious Class".

4. How often do you blog? 
Depends on how crazy school is!  I would ideally like to blog 2 times per week.

5. How many products do you have on your TPT page?
33

6. Do you designate time to blog or fit it in where you can?
I fit it in when I can!

7. How long do you have off for summer?
We were off from May 29-August 18.

8. What teacher supply can you NOT live without?
I have a very large supply of Post-It notes.  

9. Do you have any pets?
No

10. Do you have any children?
No

11. If you have pets/children - how do you balance it all? What relaxes you?
N/A

11 Random Facts:
1.  I am the older of 2 kids (have a younger brother).
2.  I had the opportunity to attend I Teach K in Las Vegas last summer.  Amazing; would love to go back!
3. I enjoy cooking and baking.  Pinterest and I have been working together to try some new recipes this summer.
4. Pinterest has made me a little bit crafty.
5. I have been teaching 9 years, all in the same building.
6.  I saw a sea turtle lay her nest last week.  So cool!   You can read about it here.
7. Growing up, we vacationed in Maine most summers.
8.  I enjoy reading.  I like easy reads: funny, lighthearted. 
9.  I spend more money on my classroom than I probably should. 
10. I am a bargain shopper.
11. I started working in my classroom today. I like going in when it is quiet.  Hopefully will allow time to relax right before school starts.

Questions for my Nominees:
1. What is your favorite thing to do when you are not in school?
2. What is the best crafty project you've done? (home or school)
3. What is the best vacation you've ever been on?
4. How did your blog get its name?
5. What is your favorite idea(s) you got from a blog?
6. Do you use a reading/math series?
7. What is the best "teacher tip" you would offer someone?
8. How many students do you have in your class?
9. What is your favorite unit/topic to teach?
10. What is your favorite subject to teach?
11. What is our favorite book(s) to read to/with your students?

No comments:

Post a Comment