Monday, July 8, 2013

Monday Made It {July 8}

I'm linking up again with Tara from Fourth Grade Frolics to share a little Monday Made It I worked on for my classroom this week.

Two years ago I found cheap picture frames on clearance in the Target Dollar Spot.  I thought they were cute and wondered what to do with them after I bought them.  I decided to hang them on Command hooks with some ribbon after putting pictures of students working at different centers in them.  I received lots of compliments from parents and staff, and students loved looking at them throughout the day.  It was a good idea, but I never got around to it again this past year.

I was in Michael's after inspiration from last week's Monday Made It and saw the frame below.  I thought surely I could do something with that!  They had some that were on clearance (I bought those of course) and some in the regular aisle too.


I also bought a cheap picture album (one like those little Dollar Tree ones) on clearance because the cover was damaged for 75 cents.  I then used scissors and cut all the pages out.  I thought these would make it easier to change the pictures throughout the year.



I brought them home and painted them the colors that match my classroom library bins (pink, blue, green and yellow).  I glued one of the photo album pages to the back of the frame with tacky glue.


I am going to get some fun ribbon (when I get in my classroom) and put it through the corners (tie a bow at the top) and hang these on Command hooks throughout my classroom.  They give it a "homey" feeling on the cheap.  The total cost of 7 completed frames was under $7!  I still have pages left from the picture album, so I may have to pick up more frames.

What do you do to make your classroom feel more like home?

Don't forget to link up with Tara for Monday Made It.  I love seeing all the new ideas!

7 comments:

  1. Love it! Thanks for sharing. You are so right. It is important to make our classrooms feel like home. :)
    ~Brandee
    Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  2. These frames are really cute. I can't wait to see it with the ribbon on top.

    Jamie
    teachingtidbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I almost bought this, but wasn't sure how I could use it! Adorable!

    I am your newest follower. Please follow me at
    http://justaprimarygirl.blogspot.com

    I am having a 100 follower giveaway if you wanted to join to get more followers. You give away one item from your TPT account. Email me at justaprimarygirl@yahoo.com

    Mrs. H

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! I saw those frames as well and almost got them!

    Secondgradealicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love, love the idea of using frames in the classroom! I totally agree that it gives it a homey feel. I had a ton leftover from my wedding reception, so I've now dedicated them to this classroom cause!

    Lauren
    The Sweetest Thing
    Follow me on Bloglovin'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea to use frames you already have!

      Amanda

      Delete