Thursday, July 4, 2013

What's That? Wednesday Reveal

I'm back to share my "What's That? Wednesday" pictures.  Thanks for taking a look and guessing yesterday!

Did you guess this one?


This is new artwork I just purchased for my family room.  I bought a condo about 3 months ago and just moved in a couple weeks ago after doing some updating.  I have vaulted ceilings in my family room and was looking for some great artwork to put above the fireplace.  Being the bargain shopper that I am, I found this at Hobby Lobby (while shopping for crafty school things) at 90% off.  I paid $8! 


Not so appetizing here...

Yummy here!

These are the easiest cookies EVER.  I found this on pinterest  and have made them twice in a week.  The first time I made them, I made lemon cookies.  These are chocolate and gluten free.  My brother's girlfriend is gluten free and they are here for the 4th, so I made them for her to try.

Recipe: 1 cake mix (any flavor), 8oz. tub of cool whip (I used lite) and 1 egg.  Mix until blended.  Roll in powdered sugar and bake at 350 for 12 minutes.  Done!

I found the dough to be very sticky, so using spoons to drop the dough in the powdered sugar was easiest for me.  Once they are coated, it is easy to transfer to the cookie sheet.  If you go for the gluten free mix, I'd suggest parchment paper (lesson learned), but I did not need it for the regular cake mix.  They are so yummy and moist!

Happy 4th of July!  Have a fun (safe) holiday! 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your dinner/recipe pins! Going to check them out for sure!

    ReplyDelete