Friday, January 24, 2014

Five For Friday {January 24}

I'm linking up with Kasey from Doodle Bugs Teaching for her weekly Five For Friday linky.  This is Five For Friday snow day style.


1.  Surprise: I was up at 5:30 when school was called off for the day.  We were thinking delay, and I was quite surprised to see that we were off today.  I was not at all prepared for a day at home!

2. Package Arrived: I co-hosted a Thirty-One party last week.  We closed the party Sunday and my package already came today!


I ordered this for my brother's fiance.  Love it!
3. DonorsChoose: I worked on some DonorsChoose thank-you packages.  I left my camera at school (along with everything else) so I was not able to complete all of them, but I got as far as I could.  It felt good to say "thanks" to those who make our classroom a better place!

4. Errands: I didn't want to waste my day.  I got the bank and picked up my groceries for the week.  I also picked up a few things from the Target Dollar Spot and some gifts for upcoming birthdays.

5. Kitchen Adventures: I made cookies last night to take in for our staff meeting this morning.  That didn't work out!  With the cold today, I decided to work on some soup.  I made this Cheesy Vegetable Soup.  Yum!  


This teacher is hoping that we have school next week at least 1/2 of the week!  We have a waiver day (teacher work day) Wednesday.  I miss my kiddos and we need our routine!  What are you planning to do this cold, snowy weekend?  

2 comments:

  1. Yes - another cold, snowy weekend. I am ready for Spring! And ~ yes to return to our routine. We only had two days of school last week due to weather :( My sister gave me that same little purse with 3 owls and my name on it for Christmas. It was one of my favorite gifts. Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Maria! I hear that we have 54 days to go until spring. We can do it! :)

      Amanda

      Delete