Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Vacation...extension

We were to go back to school Monday, but Mother Nature had other plans.  Extreme cold and some ice have lead to 2 more days tacked on to our break.  Good news, our new superintendent called both days Sunday night (actually evening), so kudos to him for planning ahead for us!

I was determined to be productive these two bonus days.  I worked on an evidence binder for our new Ohio Teacher Evaluation System (OTES).  It was good to start to get some of that stuff together.

I baked some cookies and made some soup.  Soup was awesome on a cold day!

Bar cookies with mini M & Ms and mini chocolate chips.  Recipe in link above.

Lemon chicken orzo soup (like Panera).  Recipe in link above.
I also cleaned out a closet or two and put organized some things before heading back tomorrow.

I'm heading to bed tonight with a 2-hour delay to look forward to in the morning and hopefully seeing my kiddos!  Our new unit is Day & Night, Light & Dark.  It is about space and opposites.  Looking forward to getting back in the swing of things.

Do you have some good ideas for teaching about space?

No comments:

Post a Comment