Sunday, March 16, 2014

E-I-E-I-O

As I'm sure you could guess from the title, we have been studying farms.  Last week focused on plants; this week focuses on animals.  We planted beans, and fingers are crossed that we get some good results.  This girl doesn't have much luck in growing department when it comes to growing with the kiddos.  My personal garden hasn't necessarily been a disaster, but planting at school isn't the most successful thing I've ever tackled with my kiddos.  Part of it is that I don't have much natural light in my room so I put our seeds in our literacy coach's room where there is good light.  I {might} forget to water them every now and then (or for a week at a time) which could lead to their demise.  I also failed to take pictures of the planting adventure.

One of my favorite dramatic play props is my wooden barn that I got 90% off at the party store 7 or 8 years ago.  I love watching my kiddos play with it!



 All those plates off to the side (making a mess on the table) are the paper plate cows my kiddos are making.  My student teacher found them, I'm guessing on Pinterest, but I don't have the original link.  Below is a kiddo working on her cow.



Not necessarily related to the farm, but I love watching my kiddos grow as readers.  Everyone in my room is reading something at this point.  Many of my kiddos have taken off and surprise me daily.  I took the picture below when they were reading in centers one day.  It warms my teacher heart to see their excitement in learning to read!


No comments:

Post a Comment