Sunday, August 10, 2014

Classroom Friendly Pencil Sharpener- Beginning of the Year BFF!

I had the opportunity to review the Classroom Friendly Supplies Pencil Sharpener.  It could not have come at a better time as we head back to school next week.  Knowing that my sharpener would arrive late last week, I brought some pencils home to try it out.

I was pretty excited when my box arrived with my new pink sharpener.  I pulled it out of the box and set to work.  I learned quickly that I should have probably watched the instructional video as my first 2 pencils were not "perfectly sharpened" as many other bloggers who reviewed have said it would be.

As soon as I watched the video and started using the sharpener correctly, I was totally impressed!  Every pencil I sharpened, even the cheap ones, sharpened easily and had a great point on them.  I took some pictures to show you how easy it was to use (the right way!).

The first thing you need to do is pull the front forward until it "clicks".  This was the step I missed before I watched the video.  It is a pretty important step!

Next you pinch the 2 black pieces together.  This allows you to insert the pencil.

While pinching, you can now insert the pencil.

Start to crank...I did not use the included clamp, I just used my other hand (the one taking the picture) to hold the pencil sharpener steady.  I don't believe I'll be letting the kids use the sharpener, so I'll probably continue this way for sharpening just a few, but clamp it for the sharpening of many pencils.

As you sharpen, the front piece that you pulled out in step one will slowly start to go back in.  When it stops moving (you'll be able to feel it) your pencil is sharp.  Just pinch the 2 black pieces again to remove your pencil.

This was my first batch of sharpened pencils.  After sharpening these, I emptied the shavings collection compartment.

This is what this little guy accomplished over the past couple days!
Overall, this was easy to use and left me with beautifully sharpened pencils!  I look forward to using it this year to keep my kiddos writing without fighting with my electric sharpener.  The sharpened comes in five different colors: black, blue, green, red and pink.  You can save 5% off your own sharpener with the code: W5GMY.  This code will expire 11/4/14.  Shipping is free too!  I would absolutely recommend this sharpener for your classroom!

What questions do you have?

Be sure to stop back on Tuesday to participate in my 100 Follower Giveaway.  Sneak peak: you'll have the opportunity to win one of these fantastic pencil sharpers!

No comments:

Post a Comment