Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Family Trees

Our current theme is "Those Nearest and Dearest" (family and friends).  I was looking for a little art/craft project to go with our theme.  I found this little freebie and promptly downloaded it but knew I wanted it to be a little more student created.

I put family word labels in center along with the little apples, and some green & brown construction paper.  I made a little example and let my kiddos go for it.

Here are a couple of there creations:

I love the grass this little guy added to his!  He chose to write his own labels.  He also only included himself and his animals (cat, fish and snail).  


I love the tongues sticking out on his pets!

All the tree are turning out different. It is fun to hear their thought process and see what they come up with.  

What kinds of art/craft would you do for a family/friends unit?  I'm on the look out for a project for next week?  I'd like to do some type of collaborative art project.  Any ideas?

2 comments:

  1. Cute family unit idea! I am definitely doing this when we get to our family unit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathy! My kiddos had a great time making them, and I like that each one is unique!

      Amanda

      Delete