Monday, September 1, 2014

First Week Highlights


We had our first week of kindergarten last week.  Our district tried out a staggered start this year, so students with last names A-L came Tuesday, M-Z came Wednesday and everyone was there Thursday and Friday.  I also had an assistant Thursday and Friday.  We do not normally have assistants.

It was a tiring week, but I thought it was pretty productive.  I have 19 kiddos this year, which is the smallest class I have ever had in my 11 years.  I'm pretty pumped about that.  I have a "high ability cluster" in my room, meaning that a group of kiddos who are already reading were intentionally put together in my room.  It is going to be an adventure for sure!

We did a lot of routines and centers to keep them engaged.

We worked on building color words.

We learned how to use the iPads.

Using a magnifying glass to find color words hidden on the monster and record them.

Playing at Housekeeping.

Go Noodle = Love!  Yes, I only had 7 kids on M-Z day (2 are finishing up a center).
We had a productive week last week. Can't wait to build on it this week.  Looking forward to sharing our year with you!


No comments:

Post a Comment